A hundred meters east from the Yan family garden there is the Mingyue Temple, far from the apricot-yellow walls, curling out of the smoke, let a person feel a religious atmosphere, suddenly born of solemn feelings of reverence.
Mingyue Temple was built in the latter Tang Dynasty Qingtai two years (AD 935), the monk wise created, Ming Hongwu early subsumption of Puxian Temple. Qing Guangxu sixteen years (AD 1890), the monk Dogen remodeling. "Cultural Revolution" was destroyed in 1993, restored and opened. Mingyue Temple near the original large pear grove, every early spring, "thousands of trees, thousands of trees pear blossom", become a scenic spot in the ancient town. Qing Li Guo has "pear blossom Mingyue Temple, grass cattle ranch" sentence, recited for a while.
Mingyue Temple architecture is quite distinctive, the layout of the Heavenly King's Hall, Maharajah's Treasure Hall and Tibetan scripture building structure is similar to the Lingyan Mountain Temple which is close at hand. Entering the gate and the Hall of the Heavenly King, the big belly Maitreya is sitting in the center. The four heavenly kings on both sides, a cross-eyed, mighty and fierce.
Daxiongbao Hall is the center of the Mingyue Temple complex, the main hall of five, two-story corner flying eaves, solemn, magnificent. The center of the hall is dedicated to Rudraksha Buddha, on both sides were Amitabha Buddha and Medicine Buddha, collectively known as the "Three Buddhas". The back of the Buddha is enshrined in Guanyin Bodhisattva, feet on the lotus flower, holding a vase willow branch, the demeanor of reserved and serene. On both sides of the hall are the eighteen Luohan, with different and lifelike demeanor.